Friday 22 February 2013

RCCG interpreter nabbed for raping 12-year-old


The Odua People’s Congress in Ogun State has in their custody one Akin Adewale, who allegedly raped a 12-year-old girl.
Adewale is said to be an interpreter with the Redeemed Christian Church of God in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
The girl is Adewale’s ward.
He was said threatened to kill her if she reported the incident to anybody.
The unidentified girl however ignored Adewale’s threat and reported the incident to her mother who in turn reported the alleged rape to the OPC at Oke-Sokori area of Abeokuta.
Following the report, it was gathered that the OPC members from the Ogbe Unit stormed Adewale’s house at 6, Shamusideen Street, Oke-Sokori and “arrested” him.
The OPC members whipped Adewale who confessed to the crime.
Adewale, in a written statement, said: “My name is Akin Adewale.
“I am also a photographer and I interpret sermon in RCCG.
“The girl lives with me and my wife and our children.
“She is the daughter of a member of the church.
“They brought her to me to take care of but the devil entered my body and one day when nobody was around, I called her into my room I forced myself on her after I had tied her mouth with clothe.
“I raped her and later gave her panadol (analgesic).
“I also threatened to kill her if she told anyone.
“I blame devil for my action.”
The OPC members were not moved by Adewale’s confession as they made sure he got more strokes of the cane.
Narrating the ugly experience, the victim’s mother said: “My daughter came home crying and telling me she was no more interested in staying with daddy Favour (Adewale).
“She told me Daddy Favour tied her mouth with cloth and had sex with her.
“I was shocked.
“I took her to hospital where the doctor confirmed that her hymen was broken.
“I started weeping and ran to report to OPC.
“I want justice.
“This man must suffer for inflicting pains on my daughter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment