Tuesday 5 March 2013

Murdered CP due for retirement in April


The late Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Chinwike Asadu, who was murdered in Enugu State at the weekend, was cut down barely one month to his retirement from the Force.
The late CP was in Port Harcourt, Rivers State for the opening ceremony of the Police Games and was said to have decided to “touch his home city, Enugu, on his way back to Ilorin when the murderers struck.”
During an interview with journalist on Friday, the late Asadu was quoted as saying that he was looking forward to his retirement.
He said: ”
“I’m looking forward to my retirement.
“I’ll be out of the public glare for about one year before I come out again.
“I’ll just be home resting.
“It will afford me time to be closer to my family.
“I have served Nigeria and I need to serve my family now.”
Meanwhile, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, on Sunday said the police will fish out Asadu’s killers.
The Deputy Force Public Relation Officer, Frank Mba, in a statement, said: “It is the belief of the IGP that those who murdered CP Asadu have murdered sleep and they will find no rest. They will find no comfort and they will find no hiding place until they are fished out and brought to justice.”
Mba further said Abubakar “described the incident leading to the death of Chinwike Asadu as most unfortunate and heart-rendering. Particularly coming at a time when the Federal Government, through the security agencies, has been doing everything possible to strengthen the security of the country and improve the quality of protection for lives and property.”


No comments:

Post a Comment