Tuesday 16 April 2013

Obasanjo remains PDP’s leader in Ogun – Anenih

Despite the in-fighting in the Peoples Democratic Party, Ogun State chapter, former President Olusegun Obasanjo remains the leader, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party, Chief Tony Anenih, has said.
Anenih, after a meeting on Monday with Obasanjo in Abeokuta, Ogun State, said the PDP will continue to wax stronger in the state once Obasanjo remains the leader.
He said anyone with the impression that the PDP in Ogun State was dead due to the the rancour in the party was wrong, adding that when it is the time for electoral contest, it remains the party to defeat.
He said: “Let me tell you, almost all of us here are members of PDP in Ogun.
“So you cannot say that PDP is dead in Ogun State.
“Leader of PDP is here, former president.
“When the time comes, PDP is a party to beat.
“When the time comes, I assure we will do what we know how to do best,.”
Anenih, who was in Abeokuta with seven other BOT members of the party, said they came to discuss issues relating to the party and Nigeria with Obasanjo.
He said: “I am here to see my leader.
“I am here to pay my respect and indeed I am here with my colleagues, some members of the Board of Trustees of our party, to discuss some issues that affect the corporate existence of this country.
“Some issues about the insecurity of the country and some issues about the party itself.”
Anenih described the outcome of the meeting as successful.
He said: “As you can see, we are all smiling.
“Don’t you see me smiling?
“And my leader (Obasanjo) too is smiling.
“So we are quite happy about the outcome.
“For now, it is not for public consumption.”

No comments:

Post a Comment